Become a Friend
Becoming a Friend is a way of saying ‘Thank You’ to the hospital for treating you or your loved one.
It is the 'Little Touches' which make a big difference to patients. Through your generous support of the Friends Fund we are able to provide the extras which one wouldn't expect but which make a huge difference to those when they are at their most vulnerable.
Becoming a Friend gives you the comfort of knowing that you have been able to say a small 'Thank You' to those who have helped you and your family during an illness or treatment and to show an appreciation of the additional touches which bring a smile when they are most needed. As a Friend we will invite you to our Friends events where you can meet and enjoy an evening with other Friends and keep you updated on our work through our newsletter.
How do I sign up to be a Friend?
All you have to do to become a Friend today and say 'Thank You' is complete the join the friends monthly donation form online and declare whether you are a tax payer and wish to giftaid your donations.
A become a Friend leaflet is also available to pick up from the charity display boards around the hospital or form the charity office.
If you would like to speak to one of the charity team about becoming a Friend you can call us 020 7472 6761
How will my donations be spent?
Providing the 'Little Touches and Big Differences'.
- Massage therapy to help reduce stress and anxiety
- Emergency Care packs for those arriving at A&E without a toothbrush or comb etc to allow them personal dignity
- Newspapers & Magazines for the waiting areas and transport lounge
- Flowers for the chapel where patients and relatives can get spiritual support or have a quiet space
- Mobile library service for ward patients with the additional provision of a volunteer to read to you if you request it
- Mobile shop trolley enabling ward patients to access newspapers, drink and snacks
- Sat Nav volunteers to help you find your way around
- Dementia companions to provide stimulation and companionship
- Research projects to find earlier diagnosis tests and advanced treatments enabling our patients to recieve the latest treatments
- Improve the hospital environment so that waiting areas and information are more accessable