Urgent vacancy: Can you Sew? Can you get to NW3? In conjunction with The Fashion School UK we are setting up a Sewing Pool to make much needed Gowns for our staff.
Whilst the ability to use a sewing machine is desirable, it is not essential to be able to provide support, a brief summary of the roles required is as follows:
To apply please send the volunteering team an email.
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust are recruiting for paid staff and/or welcoming clinical staff back into their workforce on a voluntary basis. If you are interested in supporting the Trust in this way please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Royal Free Charity has launched a campaign to raise money to support our staff as they look after our patients. If you would like to donate to support our staff at The Royal Free, Barnet Hospital, Chase Farm Hospital and the Royal Free London services at Edgware in their response to COVID-19 please visit our donations page. We are so grateful to the public for their good wishes and kind donations but we are now providing our staff with free food 24/7 and can no longer accept hot food at any of our sites. If anyone has other donations, please could they email us and we will confirm if we can accept them.
One of the best things that you can do under the current circumstances is support people in your local community. A good way to do this is to contact your local volunteering centre or sign up to to become an NHS Responder in your community at www.goodsamapp.org/NHS.
To see what our volunteers have been getting up to and how they make a difference, see our blog.
Am I eligible to apply to volunteer?
We ask that our COVID-19 Response Volunteers are:
- Aged 18-69 (70 and over are eligible for our telephone roles which can be carried out from home)
- If in a role that can’t be done from home:
- In good health and not a part of, or living with someone who is in, an ‘at risk’ group.
- Able to get to the hospital on a simple and short route
If you are aged 16-18, please keep an eye on the website and we will advertise when we are recruiting again.
Support for Volunteers
- Comprehensive induction, training and support from one of our Volunteer Supervisors throughout the placement.
- Agreed upon travel expenses will be fully reimbursed.
- Personal/Professional development and training is available.
- Support to improve your employability.
- Opportunities to learn from long term volunteers.
- Purple Volunteer Top is provided.
Please note that volunteering does not involve work experience, any clinical work, work in laboratories, or the observing or shadowing of clinicians. If you are interested in Work Experience please see the advice on the Royal Free Trust Website.
Read about the latest activities of the volunteering team in our latest newsletter. Copies of the latest newsletters are available from the Volunteer's Office.
For general queries about Barnet Hospital or Chase Farm Hospital, please contact Louise Bellass: email@example.com
For general queries about The Royal Free, please contact Gill Hyatt: firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon Howarth: email@example.com