Free Will writing service
The Royal Free Charity has teamed up with two of the UK’s leading charitable Will writing services, to help our supporters when they wish to write or update their Wills.
We will cover the cost when you use the National Free Wills Network or the Goodwill Partnership to write or update a simple Will.
Should you take this offer and get in touch with either of these organisations, you will be asked whether you wish to leave a gift to charity when making your Will. You are under no obligation to leave a gift to the Royal Free Charity but we will of course be most grateful and appreciative should you choose to do so.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity to write or update your Will (a simple Will is one that does not require advice on complex issues such as division of tenancy, discretionary trusts or inheritance tax), or would like more information on how we can help you, please contact us on 020 7317 7772 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Goodwill Partnership and the National Free Wills Network are recognised and trusted throughout the charity sector. Both provide highly cost-effective services, but their professionally qualified advice in writing your Will is given in different ways as described below.
The National Free Wills Network will arrange for your Will to be written by a Law Society regulated solicitor at an office located within reasonable distance from your home. To access this service:
- Please contact the Royal Free Charity who will forward your details to the Network.
- The Network will then provide you with a list of participating solicitors within reasonable distance of where you live.
- When you receive the list and a declaration form*, you should then book and attend an appointment with the participating solicitor of your choice with 90 days.
- The solicitor will help you write or update a simple Will.
- You sign the declaration form and the Network submits an invoice to the Royal Free Charity who will cover the cost.
*You will receive a Confidential Declaration Form which will be recognised by participating solicitors to prepare a Will on your behalf.
The Goodwill Partnership (England & Wales only) will arrange a home visit from a trained Will writing professional, and for your Will to be reviewed by a Law Society regulated solicitor. The process is as follows:
- You contact The Goodwill Partnership using this link or telephone them on 01482 636 473.
- A convenient time will be arranged for you to receive a home visit from one of their trained Will counsellors.
- The instructions for your Will are then passed to and reviewed by a network of solicitors.
- You will be able to contact your nominated solicitor free of charge if needed and if there is any uncertainty about your Will, the solicitor will call you directly for clarification.
- You will receive your Will within 4-6 weeks of the home visit, with clear instructions for checking, witnessing and signing your Will.
- You then send your Will back to the solicitor for secondary checking, and your final completed Will is returned to you.
The Goodwill Partnership will invoice the Royal Free Charity, and the Charity covers the cost.